About the Cyber Security Unit
The Victorian Government Cyber Security Unit (CSU) supports the Victorian Government to prepare, prevent and respond to cyber security incidents.
We aim to:
- reduce the scope, severity and impact of cyber security incidents
- create a resilient cyber security environment for the Victorian Government
- coordinate cross-government action
Slot gameWe provide the following to the whole of Victorian Government:
- expert cyber security threat advice
- strategic guidance
- risk analysis and assurance
We're working on achieving the 23 actions of Victoria's first Cyber Security Strategy.
We collaborate widely with interstate, intrastate, industry and federal entities.
- coordinates government responses for cyber security incidents.
- provides cyber threat intelligence
- provides remote and onsite services
About the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Slot gameThe role of the CISO is to:
- deliver the the 23 actions of Victorian Government Cyber security Strategy
- oversee Victorian Government’s response to the cyber threat
- develop best practice
- provide assurance
- report internally on state’s cyber security status
- coordinate cross-government action.
Slot gameThe CISO doesn't replace the individual responsibilities and accountability within each government agency.
Slot gameReviewed 12 November 2019